To our website visitors, to the extent that the websites and the free online demo can provide their functionality without requiring your personal info, we will avoid collecting any personal data from you. In the cases where we do collect data, we give you the ability to opt out whenever possible. More details on about what we collect and why can be found below.
PII Tools is a product of RARE Technologies s.r.o. (“us", “we", or “our"), headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, EU. For the purposes of product evaluation and promotion, it operates pii-tools.com, demo.pii-tools.com and documentation.pii-tools.com (the “Websites").
We use your data to provide and improve the Websites. By using the Websites, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. If you disagree with any part of the Policy, then you may not access the Websites.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Subject (or User)
Information Collection And Use
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's browser type, browser version, the pages of our Websites that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Websites by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
TRACKING & COOKIES DATA
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Websites.
Examples of Cookies we use:
Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Websites.
Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
- To provide and maintain our Websites
- To notify you about changes to our Websites
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Websites when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Websites and the product
- To monitor the usage of our Websites
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
PII Tools may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Websites, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Finally, the documents you upload to our Websites (namely, to the free web demo) will be processed to provide you structured data by our automated data-extraction tool using deep learning approach and artificial intelligence. The uploaded documents may be retained and used for further research, development and training of the artificial intelligence and will be deleted no later than 10 years from the upload. This processing is based, in the context of GDPR regulations, on legitimate interests of RARE Technologies s.r.o. in directly improving the core product functionality. If you want to use the free demo to process documents of which you are not the owner or direct participant (i.e. upload documents of third parties) make sure that you are entitled to transmit the documents to us and, if applicable, ask for the consent of the participating persons with this processing. The consent should cover the transmission of data to PII Tools for the data-extraction as well as for the artificial intelligence learning purposes. Please note that a consent under the GDPR must comply with quite severe requirements (see art. 7 of the GDPR). To avoid any doubts, this only applies to the free web demo. Customers that purchased and run PII Tools on their own servers are fully responsible for the privacy and security of the documents they submit to it for processing, as well as for any associated retention and security policies.
Transfer Of Data
Our data is stored in the cloud without specific geographical limitation.
Disclosure Of Data
DISCLOSURE FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of RARE Technologies s.r.o.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Websites
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Websites or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you
The right of rectification
The right to object
The right of restriction
The right to data portability
The right to withdraw consent
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Websites. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Google reCAPTCHA is a security service that protects our website from spam and abuse. Google uses the data collected to protect our website contact and signup forms. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
The payment processors we work with are:
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Effective August 15, 2018